We accept both agented and non-agented submissions.
What we’re looking for: Strong voices in genre fiction: mystery/suspense, cozy mystery, mystery thrillers, romantic suspense, and romance (contemporary and historical). We also consider general fiction, historical fiction, fantasy, Westerns, and sci fi, particularly if you have a strong promotional plan. Your story must have likable characters and a happy or at least hopeful ending. Series proposals are welcome. We prefer the word count to be between 70,000 and 100,000, but books between 50,000 and 70,000 words will still be considered.
What we’re NOT looking for: serial killer stories, young adult books, children’s books, books with a clear political agenda, “How To” books, novellas.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
Please submit your query and three attachments to Aubrey Anderson, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: you must include the word count of your full manuscript in the body of your email query. If you are able to sum up the message of your manuscript in three sentences or less, by all means give us that summary in your email.
We do not accept excerpts or synopses that are pasted in the body of the email. In the subject line, write “Camel GENRE Query: TITLE by AUTHOR.” (Example: Camel Romance Query: SUMMER FLING by Adele Jones.) We receive many submissions, and those that are not clearly labeled are easily overlooked. Please be sure to include: your full name, mailing address, email address, genre, and word count on the title page of each submission and attachment. To avoid confusion, each attachment MUST include the title of your manuscript. For example: SUMMERFLING-synopsis; SUMMERFLING-sample50; SUMMERFLING-bio&promo. Submissions that do not follow these guidelines will not be considered.
Do not submit manuscripts via a bulk email messaging service such as SendGrid, MailChimp, etc. None of these services can follow our guidelines.
- The first consecutive 50 pages of your manuscript as a PDF or Microsoft Word document, formatted as follows:
- Title page with complete contact information (full name, pen name if applicable, address, email, phone), plus genre and word count.
- Use 12-point, Times New Roman font.
- No extra returns between paragraphs and dialogue.
- Please also include headers and page numbers. Use Microsoft Word defaults for indenting the first line of each new paragraph. The indent should be .5 inch.
- The synopsis
- Please be sure this includes how the story ends.
- We do not accept synopses or excerpts that are pasted in the body of the email.
- Your biography.
- If you have a strong promotional plan for your book, please tell us about that as well.
- We do not consider new books that have already been published in any format, including eBook only. We do welcome reprints from established authors of titles that are currently out of print, unless they are already available in any eBook formats. Please have proof ready that the rights have reverted to you.
- If we are interested in reading more, you will hear from us in three to four months. We need up to six months to review complete manuscripts. Please let us know if you sign a contract with another publisher during that period. If you have not heard from us after six months, you may send a follow up email.
Thanks for your cooperation. When authors follow our submission guidelines, it helps us review material more efficiently.